As a Director-Producer he is active since 1992. His films have been screened in Greece and abroad and have been awarded in international film festivals. He is a member of the “Greek Directors' Guild” and also a member of the “Film Directors-Producers’ Guild” of Greece. He is a Founding Member of the Greek Documentary Network.
He is the Artistic Director of “ATHENS INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL FILM FESTIVAL” (www.AIDFF.com), which achieved alignment of the cinema reality in Greece with the major international developments in the Cinema era, which is steadily moving towards the Digital Age.
He is the Artistic Director of the “INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE AND ECOLOGICAL PANORAMA”, which contributes to the dissemination of science through the power of new media and digital technologies currently used by scientists around the world.
Department of Informatics
Seminars - Training:
Programme MEDIA 1
Architecture with George Lavas
He publishes articles and studies at
• KOYINTA Arts and Culture Magazine
2014, Publishes the book "Introduction to Film", p. 300, an approach both for film scholars and all those who want to learn about cinema starting from scratch. The book is aimed at aspiring filmmakers, but also to all those who want to experience in a direct and concise way the art and technique of cinema.
In 2006 he founded the Culture Web Portal KOYINTA Art eMagazine (www.koyinta.gr), where he has the general direction. KOYINTA Art eMagazine ’s main interest it to promote every form of art and create a database of artists and art spaces throughout Greece. It has already recorded several thousand subjects, while being one of the longest standing online art portals with high traffic, according to international standards. During the last years International cultural subjects are also covered and artists from different countries are presented by Koyinta Art Magazine. Its people are constantly in contact with all active art groups and art spaces observing and recording their work.
In 2008 he founded the web Portal-media “Filmmaker” (www.filmmaker.gr”), which aspires to become the link between art and technology, but also a bridge between artists. It’s a Media Portal with IPTV digital cinema D-CINEMA for all filmmakers and production companies- plus Video On Demand 2010 in full operation.
• Participation in the conference: "Art Schools: Luxury or Necessity?" Sunday, May 9, 2010
• Participation in the action "Tricks of Young Artists" organized by Gerakas Municipality, Municipal Development Company of Gerakas.
• Participation in the scientific conference at the Artistic School of Gerakas on "Education in culture:" Adolescence - School -Family "
• Participation (2010-2011) in the educational cultural program “Children’s’ Faces are homelands.” The program has received recognition from the institution of the Ministry of Education "Excellence and Innovation in Education."
• Participation (2010-2011) in the environmental educational program "ART-ENVIRONMENTAL GAME FOR SUSTAINABLE SCHOOL" "The program has received recognition from the institution of the Ministry of Education "Excellence and Innovation in Education. "
• Participation (2010-2011) in the Career Counseling educational program titled "Operation of a virtual enterprise of informative – advisory character for education and employment in the field of culture (theater, cinema, visual arts, dance)." The program received a double award from the institution of the Ministry of Education "Excellence and innovation in Education."
• International award in St. Petersburg (Russia) for the Film "The Eurodragon eggs and the wine of solidarity”, the contest was sponsored by the pedagogical institute in Russia.
• Participation in the cultural program "fugitive from the checkerboard" a journey into the magical world of stories by Eugene Trivizas highlighting the creative coexistence and interaction of the three directions of the art school, Visual Art, Theatre & Film, Dance. Gounaropoulos Museum, Saturday, November 30, 2013 and January 25, 2014
• Participation in school-activity aimed to bind geosciences with arts education and ancient Greek culture. He contributed by creating directing and editing the film "A fairy tale about Eridanos: the river beneath our feet" which was screened in the area of the ancient Market on Saturday, May 3, 2014.
1996-2000 City of Athens Theatre Department Theatre Group's
He is currently in the middle of the Shootings for the following two films:
2014 Documentary "Take a trip ...." 30 min filmed in HD RED in England
2011 Direction, Photography and Editing the «BLOW-UP» (Discussions with creators) (14 episodes HD Video 16: 9 WIDE, 3 Cameras, Kuinta ’s Production.
2010 Medium Length Film Documentary “Art lovers”, HD wide 44min
2006 Feature Film Documentary “Let us flee, then, to the beloved Fatherland”
1997-1998 Pond Without lilies, short film 16mm
1996 On Line, Short Film 16mm
1994 Documentary titled "Alejandra the street"
10th Athens International Digital Film Festival AIDFF December 9-15
8th Athens International Digital Film Festival (AIDFF)
8th Athens International Digital Film Festival AIDFF
7th Athens International Digital Film Festival AIDFF
18 landscapes by the internationally awarded Film Director Christos N. Karakasis
6th Athens Digital Cinema Festival AIDFF
Participations for the 5th Athens International Digital Film Festival AIDFF
Premiere of the new film "180 degrees" in production of Christos N. Karakassis
Premiere at Athens and Thessaloniki for the film of Christos Karakasis
5th “Athens International Digital Film Festival”
Introduction to Cinematography by Ch. Karakasis
4th Athens International Digital Film Festival AIDFF
Take a trip by Christos Karakasis