As a Director-Producer he is active since 1992. His films have been screened in Greece and abroad and have been awarded in international film festivals. He is a member of the “Greek Directors' Guild” and also a member of the “Film Directors-Producers’ Guild” of Greece. He is a Founding Member of the Greek Documentary Network.
He is the Artistic Director of “ATHENS INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL FILM FESTIVAL” (www.AIDFF.com), which achieved alignment of the cinema reality in Greece with the major international developments in the Cinema era, which is steadily moving towards the Digital Age.
He is the Artistic Director of the “INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE AND ECOLOGICAL PANORAMA”, which contributes to the dissemination of science through the power of new media and digital technologies currently used by scientists around the world.
Department of Informatics
Programming / Computer Information Systems, Music theory
Film Direction, Cinema School Chatzikou
Faculty of Humanities
Theater and Acting, Chatzikou Drama School (1994-1996)
Seminars - Training:
Programme MEDIA 1
(sociology of communication)
"Ancient and Modern Philosophy",
"Aesthetics and Philosophy of Art"
"Metaphysics and Criticism"
(teachers Grigorios Fil. Kostaras, Nikolaos Chronis
and Michael Dimitrakopoulos)
Architecture with George Lavas
Literature and language with Minos Kokolakis
Psychology with John Markantonis
Art History with Nicholaos Zia
Theatre-Acting, Theatre School Chatzikou
Seminars on Theatre Directing
Film and Technology
Digital Arts (Video Art)
Image/ Audio Processing
Editing (non linear editing)
Producer, Script Writer, Director, Writer, Film Professor
1996-1999 Cinema School Eugenia Chatzikou
2000-2006 Teaches seminars in various schools.
2008-2014 Film Professor at the Artistic School of Gerakas
2008-2011 In cooperation with the MEO Club in New Psihico (Athens) he creates a
Film and Theatre Workshop and also a Voice workshop (3months courses)
2009-2014 Arts’ School LA.Theater
He publishes articles and studies at
• KOYINTA Arts and Culture Magazine
• Technofono Arts and Culture Magazine
• Other publications
2014, Publishes the book "Introduction to Film", p. 300, an approach both for film scholars and all those who want to learn about cinema starting from scratch. The book is aimed at aspiring filmmakers, but also to all those who want to experience in a direct and concise way the art and technique of cinema.
He is the Founder of KOYINTA (www.kouinta-production.gr), which is mainly interested in providing cultural services in the field of audiovisual production and supporting the general cultural upgrading of Greek reality. KOYINTA’s purpose is to promote art and culture and therefore to preserve and promote the local and regional cultural identity and diversity while developing cultural dialogue between international organizations. Audiovisual and cinematographic works can play an important role in forming Greek and wider European identity, while, in parallel with their artistic value, they can contribute to the development of European social values and the functioning of democratic societies.
In 2006 he founded the Culture Web Portal KOYINTA Art eMagazine (www.koyinta.gr), where he has the general direction. KOYINTA Art eMagazine ’s main interest it to promote every form of art and create a database of artists and art spaces throughout Greece. It has already recorded several thousand subjects, while being one of the longest standing online art portals with high traffic, according to international standards. During the last years International cultural subjects are also covered and artists from different countries are presented by Koyinta Art Magazine. Its people are constantly in contact with all active art groups and art spaces observing and recording their work.
In 2008 he founded the web Portal-media “Filmmaker” (www.filmmaker.gr”), which aspires to become the link between art and technology, but also a bridge between artists. It’s a Media Portal with IPTV digital cinema D-CINEMA for all filmmakers and production companies- plus Video On Demand 2010 in full operation.
Selected Educational participations and awards
• Participation in the conference: "Art Schools: Luxury or Necessity?" Sunday, May 9, 2010
• Participation with films created by children in the Festival “Say it with pictures” (year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014), organized by Secondary Education of Eastern Attica
• Participation in the Festival “Camera Zizanio” (year 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014). Camera Zizanio Festival takes place alongside the Olympia’s International Film Festival for Children and Young People
• Participation in the 2nd Workshop: “With a camera in hand”, (15-16 October 2010) in Thessaloniki. Organized by the National Association of Educational Cultural Affairs (P.E.E.PO.THE.)
• Commendation for participation in the environmental educational program-ENVIRONMENTAL ART GAME FOR SUSTAINABLE SCHOOL 2009-2010.
• Honorary Diploma for the photography exhibition "Colors and Flavors before our eyes' held by the Artistic High School of Gerakas in collaboration with the Municipality of Pallini and the Welfare Corporation of the Municipality of Pallini 5/6/2012.
• Seminar "From paper to screen" a journey starting from the initial inspiration for a short film all the way to the screen and distribution of the final product. Organized by ARTFOOLS VIDEO FESTIVAL as part of the “Week of Young Cinema”. The seminar was held on 21 and 22 January 2012 at the French Institute of Larissa.
• Participation in the action "Tricks of Young Artists" organized by Gerakas Municipality, Municipal Development Company of Gerakas.
• Paper presented at the 2nd NATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR THE ARTS IN EDUCATION "With the pulse of a vibrant culture school" organized by the National Union of Educational Cultural Affairs from 1-3 June 2011.
• Participation in the scientific conference at the Artistic School of Gerakas on "Education in culture:" Adolescence - School -Family "
• Participation (2010-2011) in the educational cultural program “Children’s’ Faces are homelands.” The program has received recognition from the institution of the Ministry of Education "Excellence and Innovation in Education."
• Participation (2010-2011) in the environmental educational program "ART-ENVIRONMENTAL GAME FOR SUSTAINABLE SCHOOL" "The program has received recognition from the institution of the Ministry of Education "Excellence and Innovation in Education. "
• Participation (2010-2011) in the Career Counseling educational program titled "Operation of a virtual enterprise of informative – advisory character for education and employment in the field of culture (theater, cinema, visual arts, dance)." The program received a double award from the institution of the Ministry of Education "Excellence and innovation in Education."
• International award in St. Petersburg (Russia) for the Film "The Eurodragon eggs and the wine of solidarity”, the contest was sponsored by the pedagogical institute in Russia.
• 1st Prize for the Historical Documentary "Weimar Republic, or how fascism is born", which resulted from an interdisciplinary collaboration of General Education courses such as History and Cinema. The event was organized by the Post Graduate Program of the Ionian University "Historical Research, Teaching and New Technologies", by the Scientific Association "New Education" and by the TV channel ERT.
• Paper presented at the workshop "New Media Production" in the 3rd International Digital Film Festival of Athens 2013
• Jury member of the 13th Film Biennale of Young Artists from Europe and Mediterranean
• Paper presented at the 1st International Scientific and Ecological film Panorama on "The dissemination of science through the power of new media and digital technologies currently used by scientists around the world," September 2013
• TV spot for the Children's Ombudsman, which was developed in the course "Practical Film" by the Artistic School of Gerakas. 2013
• Participation in the cultural program "fugitive from the checkerboard" a journey into the magical world of stories by Eugene Trivizas highlighting the creative coexistence and interaction of the three directions of the art school, Visual Art, Theatre & Film, Dance. Gounaropoulos Museum, Saturday, November 30, 2013 and January 25, 2014
• Participation in cultural activities developed in the Ancient Agora, the heart of the Athenian democracy. The students of the Art School of Gerakas had the opportunity to experience the teaching procedure from a different point of view by creating Fine Arts and using Technology -Information - Communication Technology (ICT). Art should be leading and supporting the coupling of educational practice with cultural education, enhancing the expression, creativity and communication, promoting the 'individual' to 'collective' and the interaction of different scientific fields. Hourglass-Power Clock and creating videos on the "time"
• Participation in school-activity aimed to bind geosciences with arts education and ancient Greek culture. He contributed by creating directing and editing the film "A fairy tale about Eridanos: the river beneath our feet" which was screened in the area of the ancient Market on Saturday, May 3, 2014.
• Paper presented at the 3rd Film Conference 11-12 May 2007
• Member of the international jury of the Wildlife Vaasa Film Festival in Finland 2014
1996-2000 City of Athens Theatre Department Theatre Group's
2007-2011 City of New Psihico (MEO)
2009 Directed the play of Tennessee Willams "Talk to me like the Rain"
2009 "The Lesson" by Ionesco (Theatre Group “Rightnow”)
2009- 2010 Directed the play "I de gini na fovite ton antra" (yet the woman should fear man) by George Tzavelas, Theatre Group of New Psihico
2010-2011 DirectED the play " La locandiera ", "The Mistress of the Inn", by Carlo Goldoni, adapted by Marianna Kyriakaki Theatre Group MEO New Psihico
2011-2012 DirectED the play "The Accomplices" by the author Vasiliki Kappa on the central stage of Victoria Theatre in Athens.
He is currently in the middle of the Shootings for the following two films:
“On the edge”, feature film documentary 2014
“Falah Ghadi The international artist in front of the camera”