I am a passionate filmmaker very active in the field of cinema and research. My pioneering work is a combination of practical filmmaking and academic research. My goal is to narrow the gap between these two.
I am best known for my work Allimono (2020) and Flickering Souls Set Alight (2019). Flickering Souls Set Alight (2019) won awards in multiple international film festivals.
My major project so far, Flickering Souls Set Alight (2019), is the cinematographic depiction of my research on ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). I have just finished my latest short film Allimono (2020), produced by Apulia Film Commision, under CIAK memory call Interreg Greece Italy.
My first degree in Audio Visual Arts at the Ionian University, was followed by an MA in Cinematography at Bournemouth University. In 2019 I completed my PhD on Media Practice at the University of Central Lancashire.
I am an active researcher, counting a lot of international publications. I am an official researcher in StoryLab Film Development Research Network.
At the moment I am in the middle of my mandatory army serviceand I am working as a director/videographer at the Television Service of Hellenic Army.
• PhD in Media Practice at University of Central Lancashire 2016- 2019.
• MA Cinematography for film and television at Bournemouth University 2015-2016.
• Integrated Master at Ionian University, Audio Visual Arts department, 2008-2015.
• Directing certificate for attending one year the MA directing course at Bournemouth
Awards and Grants:
• Erasmus + grand for PhD exchange 2018-2019
• Bakalas Foundation Studentship, 2015-2018.
• University of Central Lancashire PhD scholarship, 2016-2019.
• Research Support Grant Autumn 2017, University of Central Lancashire. Award for conference attendance.
• Santander Mobility Award, 2016. Award for conference attendance.
• Flickering Souls Set Alight 2019, Audience Award, Los Angeles Greek Film Festival (2019)
• Flickering Souls Set Alight 2019, Short to the Point International Film Festival, Best Director (October 2019)
• Flickering Souls Set Alight 2019, Best Short Film, Best Director 2019
• Flickering Souls Set Alight 2019, Asian Cinematography Awards Best Film of the Month (March 2019)
• A Still Sunrise 2018, Best Short Horror The Arriva Rail North Creative Expo Award (2018)
• A Still Sunrise 2018, Cannes Short Film Corner (2018).
• A Still Sunrise 2018, Best Drama for March in Oniros Film Awards (2018).
• Student Ambassador awards in Bournemouth University as Outstanding newcomer
• Gold Award in the Postgraduate development award in Bournemouth University